Pip and Pap Phonics is an engaging and effective Systematic Synthetic Phonics Programme aligned to Letters and Sounds (2007). It has been developed in Southampton schools by school staff, for school staff.
Our mission is to ensure that all children are supported to become skilful and confident in their use of phonics for reading and writing, thus being able to access and enjoy all aspects of learning throughout their schooling.
The programme is unique in its approach. It is designed for use with small groups, led by an adult. This makes it ideal for delivering high quality, differentiated phonics provision within a class, or for use as an intervention programme with a specific group.
Key features include:
- A multisensory approach, with emphasis on learning to decode and encode through engaging group activities.
- A wealth of engaging resources to support phonics delivery are included as part of the package, including flashcards, sound mats, word cards, sentence cards and writing scaffolds.
- High quality, comprehensive plans for each grapheme-phoneme correspondence, with subsequent ‘keep up’ sessions to further support learners.
- A robust assessment package for tracking progress and to support further tailoring of learning to meet the needs of each individual.
- A unique approach to sound buttoning to empower learners, parents and staff to develop their phonetic awareness and knowledge.
- A full range of decodable stories for children, aligned to the scheme, available as e-readers for use on tablets or laptops.
- Training packages to support with delivery of the programme and phonics pedagogy, and a full Practitioner Manual to support all practitioners delivering sessions.
The programme has been trialed and tested extensively in Southampton and Hampshire schools and has a clear track record of helping to raise standards of attainment in phonics.
All images published on the site are copyrighted and owned by Pip and Pap Phonics.